5 Questions with….Arden Walker
Arden Walker plays Sybil in The Inspired Acting Company’s premiere production of Noel Coward’s Private Lives.
1. What first drew you to acting?
I saw a production of Oklahoma! at the local high school when I was 4 years old. I was mesmerized. I dressed up as Laurey for Halloween that year and never looked back.
2. What is your favorite role you have done?
I played Beth in Little Women. Singing “Some Things are Meant to Be” every night and feeling the beauty of the relationships between the sisters was very special. And who doesn’t love getting to die onstage?
3. What excites you the most about your role in Private Lives?
I’m excited to play Sybil in the moments when she really loses it. Ingenue characters are often very restrained or just sweet and we don’t always get to see an outward expression of what they are feeling.
4. How has your journey been working with The Inspired Acting Company been so far?
It has been lovely! From the audition to rehearsals, everyone has been very kind and committed to creating a great working environment.
5. What are most looking forward to when the show opens?
The new energy that the audience will bring to what we’ve been rehearsing.