5 Questions with….Leanne Young
Leanne Young plays Louise in The Inspired Acting Company’s premiere production of Noel Coward’s Private Lives.
1. What first drew you to acting?
I've been playing "dress up" for as long as I can remember. I think being the only child in my house growing up caused me to develop a vivid imagination and that has naturally steered me toward seeking those same experiences as an adult.
2. What is your favorite role you have done?
Unfair question! I do have a passion for Noel Coward pieces. Elvira in Blithe Spirit and Joanna in Present Laughter come to mind.
3. What excites you the most about your role in Private Lives?
The wonderful opportunity to surprise the audience and possibly steal the show late in the game! Louise is quite the character, n'est pas?
4. How has your journey been working with The Inspired Acting Company been so far?
"Wouldn't you like to work a little closer to home?" Hamilton I'm so excited to be part of a new theatre company on the West Side! Jeff Thomakos has been a gentle and generous director and I love playing with the rest of the cast and crew.
5. What are most looking forward to when the show opens?
The first laughs from the audience. Always, the audience. There is nothing like the relationship between actor and audience and without them, we are literally nothing.